Saturday 19 January 2019

Icy City

You could say that I've been making the most of my week off.  The weather has been snowy and cold, just the way I like it.  I've spent a good portion of my days outside photographing the elements.  Three of my photographs from earlier in the week ended up being broadcast on CTV Montreal.  One of those also appeared in the online edition of La Presse.  To top off the week, we have another CTV Montreal appearance.  It was a snowy, overcast morning and I thought I might be able to capture it.  I drove around for a bit before stopping in a park near the old port.  Across the street is a bike path which has a great view of the river and the downtown skyscrapers.  The ice on the river was cracked, looking like a jigsaw puzzle, and though I don't think it shows in the small resolution used on this blog, in my full-sized photo you can see the snow falling from the sky.  After getting home and thawing out, I sent the photograph off to Lori Graham at CTV Montreal.  It aired after that funny snowman story that you can see in the video.  Those with quick eyes might also see the photograph on the little screen in the top right of the video at the beginning.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  As usual, thanks once again to Lori Graham and the crew at CTV Montreal for the kind words and for airing another of my photographs.  It's always fun to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment