Sunday 24 February 2019

Blurring Reality

The night time is the right time for grabbing some nice long exposure photographs.  Though I really like taking photographs once the sun has gone down, one thing that I don't do enough is experiment with different ways to photograph my subjects.  A while back when I was making an evening visit to the Jacques Cartier Bridge, I decided to take some regular shots, but also take a few more that were out of focus.  I must admit that I am a big fan of detail, so the first photograph, which was taken at f/18, 20sec, ISO 100 at 68mm is more something that I enjoy looking at.  The second photograph, taken at f/18, 13sec, ISO 100 at 68mm, has its own qualities as well.  The softness kind of reminds me of a watercolour painting.  The fact that everything isn't focus sharp, kind of makes it interesting to me as well.  Photography is fun, so break a couple of rules and have a little fun while you're out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment