Thursday 21 February 2019

Snowy City

Back in January while I was off, I spent many mornings out on the road taking photographs of the winter conditions. You can see some of the other photographs by going through the January updates on the old blog.  These are a couple of photographs that ended up getting saved for a later date.  But, before that 'later date' becomes 2020, I figured this was a good time to get them up.  For the first photograph, which was taken at f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 70mm, I liked how the big wheel looked as if it was resting on the trees.  It might not seem like much, but it's those little things that tend to catch my eye.  The second photograph, taken at f/16, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 70mm, captured some of the frosted trees that lined the Pont de la Concorde.  Just over them was a nice view of Old Montreal, and some of the more recent buildings.  A nice view that was hidden by the falling snow.  I used a slow shutter speed to properly capture the flakes as they fell from the sky.  Some people might be more interested in a clearer view, but I think these have an added bit of character due to the weather conditions.  It also serves as a bit of proof to all you readers out there who hear me complain about the summer heat.  Yes, I do go out when it's minus 20 Celcius and snowing, and yes, I very much enjoy it more than the summer heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment