Thursday 14 February 2019

Sweet Heart

It's always nice to find a surprise.  In the kitchen, My Lovely Assistant is a whizz.  I often find myself there keeping an eye on her wonderful creations.  During the preparation for one of her treats, she had halved some strawberries.  Upon further inspection, I saw that the center of one strawberry looked just like a heart.  I quickly grabbed the camera and shot away.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/30sec, ISO 1000 at 60mm.  Rather than use a flash, I used a white cardboard to reflect the kitchen lights towards the strawberry.  To keep the strawberry still, I propped it up with a smaller strawberry.  This way my model doesn't move, but the prop remains small enough to not be seen in my final photograph.  Just a couple tricks of the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment