Saturday 23 March 2019

Spring Preview

Even though it is officially Spring, we're still a few weeks away from having any real natural colours to look at.  Never fear, Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer is here. I've found some deck photographs from the archives to awaken your eyes from the grey and white of Winter.  These flowers were on our deck in warmer times and after a little rain shower, I headed out to take a few photographs of them.  There was a nice little raindrop right on Stigma of the flower so I grabbed a Macro lens and spent a few minutes snapping away.  The first photograph was taken at f/8, 1/80sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  Here are a few more that I took.

f/7.1, 1/100sec, ISO 60mm

 f/9, 1/100sec, ISO 400 at 60mm

I took a simple flower, moved it around a little bit and made three different photographs.  I highlighted the colour streaks and drop of rain in the first, pulled back a little bit for a bit of green framing in the second and created a dark hole from which the Stigmas seem to be escaping in the third.  Just a little fun with photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment