Saturday 30 March 2019

Spring Breakfast

Early Spring weather is kind of grey and messy, so I've been spending the last few days digging through the archives, looking to see if I can get some of the forgotten photographs of my past out there.  These come from a Spring visit to my parents.  My Mom always has lots of winged friends in the yard thanks to her variety of bird feeders.  She had a few visitors on this day, but most of the photographs I took weren't usable as I made the rookie mistake of trying to shoot the photographs through the glass of the patio door rather than being outside.  I did manage to find a few usable shots, so here they are.  The first photograph was taken at f/10, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 300mm.  Here is one more photograph of my hungry little friend.
f/8, 1/800sec, ISO 400 at 300mm

It was still early Spring when I took these photographs so the little guy didn't have all of his colour yet, but he still didn't mind to pose for the camera.  A lesson was learned on that day, and I have never tried to photograph birds behind glass since.

No comments:

Post a Comment