Saturday 27 April 2019

Jacques Cartier Spotlight Sunset

While watching the evening news on Thursday, the forecast called for three days of rain.  That meant I had to head out right away if I wanted this photograph.  A few days earlier, I was walking on the street when I noticed the setting sun just beside the metal structure of the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  A couple more days of clouds followed, and with the knowledge that there were more to come, I knew I had to make my move.  I got to my spot a little early and watched the sun make its way down to where I wanted and snapped away.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/1600sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  I underexposed the shot to bring out more of the colour in the sky and to turn the bridge into a nice dark silhouette.  The photograph then got a little bit more exposure by being published on the La Presse+ app the next morning.  Those of you with the app can view the photograph in the Friday, April 26th edition, or you can see a screen capture by following this link.  It's always nice to know that my photographs sometimes exist beyond the pages of the blog for more people to see.  Hopefully they read the name at the bottom and try to find some of my other work while they're at it.

***UPDATE***

The photograph got a little bit more circulation when it was shared on the Instagram account of Catherine Fournier, Member of the National Assembly of Québec for Marie-Victorin.  Merci beaucoup Mlle. Fournier, je suis content que tu aimes ma photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment