Saturday 18 June 2022

Fallen Light

There might be a next generation of Friendly Neighbourhood Photographers after all.  The other day, I found myself in the backyard with The Heir Apparent.  We were yelling at squirrels who dared get too close to our garden when she suddenly said 'regarde papa!'.  She pointed over to the little pot of Marigolds that were sitting on the deck floor.  The sun was peaking through some of the holes in our trellis and falling softly on the middle of the flower.  'Soleil!' was her next word.  After a congratulatory high five for seeing that, I headed back inside for the camera.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  After showing her the final product on the computer screen, the flower got a nice 'Oooohhhh' from The Heir Apparent, so she approves.  She also enjoyed the little sticker she got for the good deed to showing me the flower.  Guess I better start saving up for her camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment