Saturday 4 June 2022

Memorial Geranium

June 4th is a sad day here at The Head Office.  It's a day of loss as it marks the anniversary of the passing of two people who were very important to Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer.  On June 4th we remember my Grandmother, Mémère, and also My Lovely Assistant's mother, Belle Mom. I often end up associating people with flowers, and both Belle Mom and Mémère kept lots of geraniums in their homes.  So, it became rather easy to put them together here.  This photograph, taken at f/7.1, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 60mm, was from a plant we received at Belle Mom's funeral.  Her collection of Geraniums was given out to guests and this one bloomed just a few days ago.  Just in time to appear here on the blog.  Thanks for the helping hand Belle Mom.  And thanks to Mémère for keeping the flower protected during a recent wind storm.  She always wanted to me to wear a jacket, and I'm sure she found a way to protect those petals when most of the others in the yard got blown away.  Neither of you are forgotten, and I hope you've been enjoying the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment