Saturday 9 July 2022

Feet & Toes

Sometimes you're in front of a stage photographing a concert, sometimes you're watching sleeping toes and The Crown Prince that they're attached to.  One may seem to be slightly more exciting than the other, but toes become much more interesting when they're attached to one of the junior partners.  As The Crown Prince was snoozing, I was looking at some photographs I had taken of some flowers in the yard, but my eye kept getting drawn to the little toes.  They were just in a great spot, photographically speaking, so I switched lenses and shot away.  Never one to make things easy, he actually shifted his feet as I was changing the lens, but fortunate returned the previous position rather quickly.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 70mm, but then turned to black and white because I felt it made the curves and lines stand out more.  Taking the photograph wasn't difficult, but resisting the urge to tickle away certainly was.

No comments:

Post a Comment