Friday 22 July 2022

Rafaëlle Roy In Saint-Hubert

Three years ago I attended my first outdoor concert put on by the Ville de Longueuil as part of their Longueuil est culture summer concert series at the Paroisse Saint-Hubert church.  The experience was such fun, that I couldn't wait to return.  See for yourself by checking out the photographs that I took by following the link.  Well, patience was in order as a certain global event put everything on hold, but not only did I get to return this past Thursday night, but My Lovely Assistant and the two Junior Partners took part in the festivities as well.  On the stage was Rafaëlle Roy, a talented singer who first gained the public's attention by being a finalist on the 2019 television singing competition, La Voix.  She regaled the Saint-Hubert crowd with some great cover songs, as well as a few original compositions of her own.  At various points during the show, she was also joined on stage by Fuso, an artist who I photographed back on Canada Day and whose photographs you can see by following the link.  As previously mentioned, the who gang was at the show, and at one point The Heir Apparent wanted to follow me to the front of the stage.  Like a pro, she snuck down there with me and we sat together as Rafaëlle, who appeared to be rather tickled by her presence, sang the Leonard Cohen classic, Hallelujah.  I can't think of anything I would have rather been doing that swaying to the music with The Heir Apparent seated next to me, taking photographs, but also taking the time to mouth the words to the song and seeing her not only repeat them, but also mimic Rafaëlle's movements on the stage.  That was an awesome moment that I hope I will never forget.  The first photograph was taken at f/3.5, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 70mm and the second photograph was taken at f/3.2, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 70mm.  Here are several more photographs that I took of her performance.

f/2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 70mm
f/3.2, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 70mm
f/3.2, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 70mm
f/3.2, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 35mm
f/3.2, 1/160sec, ISO 1600 at 24mm
f/3.2, 1/200sec, ISO 400 at 39mm
f/3.2, 1/160sec, ISO 400 at 70mm
f/3.2, 1/640sec, ISO 400 at 70mm
f/3.2, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 70mm
f/3.2, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 70mm
 f/3.2, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 70mm

Much thanks to the Ville de Longueuil and Longueuil est culture for the show.  If you'd like to find out more about Rafaëlle Roy and her music, you can do so my following the link to her Facebook page.  Not only was it a great show, but it was a wonderful moment shared with the family and a memory that will last a lifetime.  Isn't that the very thing we go to concerts for?  May there be many more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment