Wednesday 1 March 2023

Feeding The Flame

I can't speak for everyone, but I have yet to meet a person who doesn't enjoy sitting down next to a crackling fire.  The personal highlight of our annual trip for me is always when the sun goes down and My Lovely Assistant builds up her fire.  It's a sign to bust out a cold cola, find a comfy chair and just sit back and watch the flames dance away.  I find that the best time to photograph a fire is near the end of its life.  There is still some flame dancing around the log, but the burnt wood can be better seen as well as the bright red embers.  I like to watch the flames and try to anticipate where they will be dancing next, and then focusing on that spot and waiting to get my shot.  You can do all of that, or just, you know, sit back and enjoy the fire.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/60sec, ISO 800 at 168mm.  Enjoy your time near the pit this Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment