Sunday 26 February 2023

Summer Friends

As February gives way to March, the inevitable turning of the calendar means that we are getting closer to the warmer months, and I'm a little happy about it.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I still detest Summer and the oppressive heat that comes with it, but around this time of the year I begin to miss my little winged friends.  With all of our sunflowers in the back, we've become quite the meeting place for the local bumblebee population.  And, they like nothing more than to let me walk among them and take their photograph.  I hate the heat, but I do enjoy finding a nice spot in the shade and following those little guys walk around the sunflowers until they give me just the right pose.  The photograph was taken at f/3.2, 1/1600sec, ISO 1600 at 200mm.  I still reserve the right to complain and moan come June and July, but at least I'll have these little guys buzzing around while I try to keep cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment