Thursday 9 February 2023

Thick As Soup

There was a bit of a fog this afternoon as the warm temperatures clashed with the snow that was on the ground.  It's hard to believe that just a few days ago it was -42 Celsius (with the wind), as the thermometer rose to +6 Celsius today.  As I was at the 'Day Job', I wasn't able to take advantage of the conditions, but I've always got a photograph or two in the archives ready to go.  Or in this case, two of the same photograph.  It was one of those situations where I couldn't decide which on I liked more, so you get two for the price of one.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 5sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  For the first version up top, I stretched it out a bit by using a more rectangular crop and went with a more moody black and white.  For the other version down below, I left the little bit of light that was coming off of the parking lot lights and added a touch of red for a little warmth.  A bit of fog can add a lot of character, even to an ordinary empty parking lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment