Sunday 23 April 2023

Colours To Come

The old saying goes that April showers will lead to May flowers.  I've been hearing it for a good many years and it always holds true.  That being the case, we've got about fours days of rain lined up for my part of the World, so that means that we should be in store for a very colourful month of May.  And I hope that will be the case because our yard is looking rather bleak at the moment.  There is a little bit of green returning to the yard, but so far there has been no sign of any kind of flowers at all.  While I can't tiptoe through the tulips, I can take a stroll through the archives where there are lots of colouful flowers waiting for me, including my favourite, the Day lily.  The wonderful thing about them is that they grow anywhere, and I have photographed them in several different places as I just can't resist looking at them and snapping away.  This particular one was found the the cottage of My Lovely Assistant's father during one of our visits.  It was photographed at f/6.3, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 59mm.  Hopefully ours will peak their heads out of the ground shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment