Wednesday 19 April 2023

Partly Cloudy

Since moving the Head Office a few years back, I still have yet to find a nice place to shoot the setting sun.  We still get some nice red skies at the new location, but there is nothing to compete with the bridges and skyscrapers that I used to be able to shoot against those bright colours.  So, I've been turning my head to the sky a little earlier in the evening.  We've gotten some nice cloud formations this Spring, so I've traded in the fire-hot red for a nice cool blue.  For me, the best time to shoot the clouds are just after the sun tucks itself in behind a nice cluster of puffs.  They get nice and bright and you can still make out the blue of the sky as it leaks through the cracks.  It sure catches my eye anyway.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/640sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  It's always nice to take a moment and look up at the sky.  There's often some very interesting things up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment