Wednesday 26 April 2023

Bright Lights, Big City

I mentioned a few posts back how, even after three years, I still hadn't found a location for sunsets that compares to where I used to live.  I thought I might have found one near the rail-yards that straddle the cities of Longueuil and Saint-Hubert.  It might still prove to be a good spot, but at this time of the year, the sun was far to much to the right of the city.  Sure, it was a little cloudy, but even if it had been clear, I don't think the sun would have fit into my frame.  Though the sky might have been a tad bit more interesting.  All wasn't lost though, as a couple of trains were making their way through the yards.  Once the train on the left had passed the train on the right, he lit up his bright lights and I quickly upped the ISO and spun to a smaller aperture to get a nice star effect on the headlights.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/40sec, ISO 1600 at 70mm.  I'll probably head back in the Fall when the sun shifts location a bit.  Hopefully, there will still be a train going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment