Monday 1 May 2023

Here's Looking At You, Kids

Time stops for nobody, and seems like somebody has been pressing on the Fast Forward button ever since the arrival of The Heir Apparent and Crown Prince.  By design, you haven't seen very much of them here on the Old Blog, but they have been photographed quite a bit over their short period of time with us.  My Lovely Assistant and I agreed that they don't need to have photographs of them floating around the internet, but I get to break the rules for the occasional part.  In most cases, my part of choice is their eyes.  When The Heir Apparent first joined us, I would spend all of my time looking at her eyes.  The Crown Prince has proven to have just as wonderful eyes to get lost in.  With The Heir Apparent, she's kind of at the age where I can direct her a little bit with how to pose, so I got her to stare out towards the window which was providing the light for out little photo-shoot.  I had to be a little more sneaky with The Crown Prince.  He's become accustomed to have a camera pointed at him, but at a little past one year old, I can't really tell him to look in any particular direction.  So, I just pointed the camera at him and waited for him to look right at me through his little water cup.  The first photograph of The Heir Apparent was taken at f/3.2, 1/160sec, ISO 400 at 70mm and the second photograph of The Crown Prince was taken at f/2.8, 1/40sec, ISO 5000 at 145mm.  A couple of cute little buggers who are already growing way to fast for my liking. If somebody could find that remote control, I'd like to make sure that the Fast Forward button isn't stuck so that time could slow down just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment