Wednesday 17 May 2023

Blowing In The Wind

Far be it from me to complain, but the weather has taken a turn towards cooler temperatures over the last several days.  Now, I realize that there is no avoiding the miserable and oppressive heat and humidity if June and July, so I've welcomed these cooler May temperatures as every below average day means that we are one day closer to Fall.  Those cooler temperature were also accompanied with some rather strong winds, so I decided to have a little fun with flash and try to create a little camera blur.  Earlier in the day on Saturday, The Heir Apparent was given a little pinwheel as a gift.  We'd also done a little shopping and gotten some flowers that would be a gift for Grandmother for Mother's Day.  We had planted the pinwheel in with the flowers and when the wind began to pick up, I thought it would be cool to try and shoot the flower, while capturing the motion of the pinwheel.  The wind ended up being a bit stronger than I had hoped, and the flower itself ended up getting blown out of focus as well, but I was finally able to get the shot I wanted after a few attempts.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 70mm with some flash to make the colours pop on an otherwise grey and dreary day.



No comments:

Post a Comment