Monday 22 May 2023

Victoria Bridge Day

I know that my last post here on The Old Blog was about the large quantity of special 'days' that seem to fill the calendar, and I'm guilty of creating a few of my own.  Up here, the final Monday of the month of May that precedes the 25th of May was known as Victoria Day in honour of Queen Victoria.  That day has changed names a few times over the years.  While not necessarily a fan of the Monarchy, I'm also not really a fan of what the day now represents here either.  So, in an effort to depoliticize things, I now let that day be known as Victoria Bridge Day in honour of the bridge that crosses from Saint-Lambert in to Montreal.  I've covered it's history here before, but the quick version is that the Bridge was originally opened in 1859.  A bridge that has stood for over 160 years seems worthy of a special day to me.  It has changed forms a few times over the years, but those original pillars are still standing.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 62mm.  I hope you all had a Happy Victoria Bridge Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment