Saturday 27 May 2023

More Than Weeds

A bit earlier this month I mentioned how The Heir Apparent had begun to participate in little photo projects with me.  Shortly after writing those words, it was off to the backyard for another little project.  The sun was shining on some little patches of the yard, so we decided to look for the biggest Dandelion that we could find.  After doing so, we placed it in the middle of the sun spot, surrounded by lots of ground ivy that was growing in the grass.  We then went about taking our photograph.  And by 'we', I of course mean that I was taking the photograph while The Heir Apparent had fun jumping on my back while I was on the ground.  The Crown Prince was also involved as he very generously decided to take a break from his Dandelion tasting to leave this one for us to play with.  The photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  It also served as my favourite photographic lessons.  Anything can be photographed.  Even two forms of weeds that most people go out of their way to remove from their lawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment