Sunday 10 February 2013

I'm A Highway Star

It's been a while since I pulled the camera out of it's comfy bag, and I had a bit of a trigger finger today so it was off to the bicycle path to for a 2013 Reissue.  The photo you see on the left is an update of a picture I took a few years back while I was taking my classes at Concordia University.  I originally took the image as part of an assignment called 'Mystical Light' where we had to create a photograph with special light effects.  The special effects being the streaks of light that you see which are all that remains of the passing cars.  I chose to redo this picture based on comments I received about another of my photos that was on display during my exhibition.  My photograph, Bernard's View, was pretty the most popular shot that I had on display.  One of the reasons it was so popular, I've been told, was because the street signs reminded people of specific places.  So, I reached back into the archives and was reminded of this old photograph which also features road signs for the Champlain Bridge and Laurier Boulveard.  This shot was taken at f/9, 10sec., ISO 100 at 42mm from a bicycle path that crosses over Highway 132 in Saint-Lambert.  I like how I have four different traffic sources in the picture and the sky had just enough light left in it for that nice dark blue colour.  The only thing missing are some fireworks going off in the top left-hand side. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment