Thursday 14 February 2013

Take My Heart, Please


 I must be coming down with a case of Valentine-itis, because I have a second Valentine`s themed photo for you all this week.  Truthfully, this photo was my originally planned submission for the 14th, but the flowers that I posted yesterday looked much to nice to pass up.  That and I have a friend who said that I should post more photos, more often.  As a result, we have back-to-back postings for the first time in a while.  This photo was taken back in September and was also seen during my photography exhibition.  I’d like to say that I was sitting on the dock when I had the brilliant idea of forming the cord that you see into the shape of a heart, but the truth is that I saw a similar photo that a friend of mine had taken and I borrowed the idea.  I changed the photo up a bit, added my own personal style.  However, there are two versions of this photo.  The one that is on the upper left side of the screen and one more that you will find at the end of this posting.  The first one may have been on display, but it is the second one that is by far one of my favourite photos.  The first shot was taken at f/4, 1/1000sec. ISO 100 at 24mm.  Shooting at f/4 really blurs out the background, putting all of your attention on what the photographer really wants you to see.  In this case, I want you to look at the heart.  The second photo was shot at f/8 1/250sec. ISO 100 at 25mm.  The difference between the two being that by shooting at f/8, the background of the photo become a little more clear, but still remains blurred enough so that a certain camera shy person doesn’t mind being photographed.  Many people told me that they liked the photo above, and even a couple were sold.  However, the version with that little extra special something on the lake is much more to my liking.




No comments:

Post a Comment