Saturday 11 May 2013

Thank-You Very Much/Merci Beaucoup

I know that it was just a little over a week ago when I said that I'd be taking a little break from the Romeo vs Juliette pictures, but I recently got the news that I managed to sell 28 CD's of the pictures that I took during that show and felt that at the very least, a public 'thank-you' note was the least I could do.  I can't really put into words the feeling I had when I got the news, but it was obviously one of happiness and joy.  So, a giant thanks, and an equally large merci beaucoup to everyone who decided to part with their hard earned money to buy a CD of my work.  Each CD features 200 photos from the show, including all of the photos that I've displayed here on the website as well as my Eric Mahannah Photography Facebook Page.  The few people who have seen the CD have complimented me on being able to get photographs not only of the important parts of the show, but also being able to have gotten a photograph of just about everyone was was involved on stage, no matter how large or small their role may have been.  That last comment really made me proud because I remember actively thinking the exact thing during the show.  This photo was taken at the end of the first act of the play and I was able to get thanks to the fact that the actors didn't move at all.  As you can tell, the lighting was very dark at this point, so had they moved just a little bit, it would have likely caused some blurring.  Instead, the actors are silhouetted against the background lights.  It was shot at f/2.8, 1/100sec ISO 1600 at 24mm.  So, once again, a very big thank-you, merci beaucoup to you all.  I hope that we get to work together again next year.  To keep up to date with their activities, you can follow the Choeur Vives Voix at their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment