Thursday 16 May 2013

Up, Up And Away

I suppose that I should have saved my tribute to Dave Van Horne for a photograph taken at a baseball game, but every time that I look at this photo, I hear his classic homerun call in my head.  This photo was taken at the closing party held by the Choeur Vives Voix in celebration of their show, Romeo vs Juliette.  You may have heard me talking about it before.  I was invited to the party and given permission to sell CD's of the photographs that I had taken during the show.  While I was there, I was asked if I had my camera with me.  The answer to that question is always, yes.  It was explained to me that there would be a little celebration planned involving a pinata and I was asked if I would mind taking some photographs of the event.  I couldn't refuse.  It took a while for the pinata to break.  The first stick that was being used actually broke before the pinata did.  Twice.  Finally, contact was made and as you can probably tell by the picture, I found myself in the middle of a chocolate shrapnel shower.  It's pretty cool how the chocolate is frozen in the air after that Babe Ruth swing.  The picture was taken at f/10, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 38mm.  Obviously, flash was used and there was some cropping done in Photoshop.  Getting back to myself for a moment, I previously mentioned that I was selling CD's of photos I took during the show.  Last year I managed to sell 23 CD's and this year I had the good fortune of beating that total by selling 31 CD's. One of my photos was even used on the packaging of the DVD they produced of the show.  Everyone was very nice with their compliments and my photos even ended up being projected onto a wall.  It's quite cool to see your photographs displayed at 2ft by 3ft.  With that, my 2013 Romeo vs Juliette adventure came to an end.  Can't wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment