Sunday 29 December 2013

Bredouille

It just wasn't meant to be.  Saturday night was the third week of the Telus Fire On Ice fireworks display at the Old Port of Montreal.  I decided to change things up and shoot the fireworks from Île Sainte-Hélène, just across the St. Lawrence River from Montreal.  I took some pictures from that same location waaaaaay back on Janurary 1st.  You can see those photographs by following this link.  However, a couple of dead batteries brought an early end to my night.  After putting my camera on the tripod, I turned it on, and nothing happened.  Both batteries were dead.  My Lovely Assistant, who doubles as an expert fisher, has a term she likes to use when she doesn't catch anything.  She says that she was 'bredouille'.  It means that she came home empty handed.  Such was the case for me.  So, you all get to see an extra photograph that I took last week, but didn't make the cut for that post.  I took it at f/9, 5sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  The dead batteries stopped me from using my camera, but atleast my tripod got put to good use.  Hello Qicheng Sun.  I met him while walking on the island.  He was using a really small tripod, so with my camera knocked out of commission, I offered to let him use mine.  I hope that your pictures turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment