Wednesday 18 December 2013

Flowery Friend

Yes, the season as passed, but I took so many photographs of flowers in my Mom's garden this year that I probably have enough to play with for the next year.  Part of the fun that I have when taking photos of flowers is to find some with little insects on them.  One of my favourite photos from this past summer can be seen at this link, but this is another one that I really like.  I spotted this little guy while I was taking photos of Daisies, some of which you saw here back in August.  I know it sounds kind of foolish, but I like to consider myself a kind of insect whisperer.  You can read more about that "fascinating" side of my personality by following the first link in this message.  I used a Macro lens to take this shot to make sure that I'd get a good look at my little winged friend.  This shot was taken at f/4, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  I cropped it a little bit afterwards to get rid of some of the empty space in the background.  I really like the detail of not only the insect, but also the center of the Daisy, and I've already mentioned several times here how much I like shooting flowers at large apertures in order to blur out the backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment