Sunday 15 December 2013

Walking In A Frosted Wonderland

As I mentioned in the last update, My Lovely Assistant had made a couple of cakes a few weeks back for two different evenings.  I wanted to try and properly photograph these cakes, but I just couldn't get find the proper angle or lighting to do her work justice.  After a few frustrating minutes, I decided to go back to shooting something I felt much more comfortable with, nice close-ups.  This is a shot from the top of My Lovely Assistant's Black Forest Cake.  I really like the detail in the raspberries, as well as the flakes of chocolate on both the white icing and the cranberries.  I took the photograph at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  I like taking colourful close-up photos of food, as you've all seen the last few weeks.  I think that they're real eye catchers.  I'll try to do a better job of photographing the whole thing next time I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment