Sunday 20 April 2014

Chocolate Friends

I was among the lucky people who were visited by the Easter Bunny last night.  He left behind this tasty little family and a bunch of tasty little chocolate eggs as well.  Before they all meet their horrific end, I figured they might enjoy one last little family portrait together.  I got out My Lovely Assistant's throw cover as I find it makes a very nice background and then went around placing the bunnies in different spots.  I then took a handful of the eggs and sprinkled them over the scene, letting them fall where they may.  The sun was a little shy this morning so I took out my flash and bounced the light off of the ceiling and onto my little chocolate scene.  I took this photograph at f/16, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 34mm.  I like to treat these little scenes like practice for when I have to take similar group shots of real people.  It's a good way to get used to using your flash, which I still need lots of practice with, and also to properly frame a shot.  The eggs and bunnies were then returned to their holding cells, I mean basket, though I can't assure their safety for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment