Wednesday 23 April 2014

Don't Cross The Line

One thing that I don't do nearly enough of is having little photography outings, or photo walks, with friends.  This is mostly due to the fact that the few photographer friends that I do have don't really live that close to me, and also because I don't play well with others.  That last part may or may not be true, but I got a message from my friend Vincent a few weeks back, asking me if I'd be interested in doing some night shooting.  Vincent isn't the photographer, but his girlfriend, Renée-Claude is.  She doesn't have a website or anything up yet, but hopefully she will soon so that I can put up a link to her images for all of you out there to see.  Being short on ideas, I suggested we walk around Saint-Lambert and check out the non-existent night life.  The fun thing about Saint-Lambert for photographers, the streets are empty by 8:30PM.  We started over at the train station, which is where I took this photograph.  The writing on the sidewalk caught my eye and I went about trying to create a photograph out of it.  I set up my tripod close to the ground and used a small aperture and long exposure time to make sure my camera would register enough of the available light and to create those cool star shapes over the lights.  For those of you who are curious, the writing says "Pour votre sécurité, attendez derrière la ligne jaune", or "For your security, stay behind the yellow line".  While you can read the photo in my personal version, I'm not sure you will be able to in the low resolution photo that is posted here.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 34mm.  I took a couple more photographs over the course of the evening, and they should find there way onto this page in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment