Saturday 12 September 2015

Stuck In The Middle With You

Time to put the guitars and microphones down for a few seconds and get back to some other photographs I've taken over the last few months.  I have a friend who is currently doing the 365 Photography Challenge, where you post up a new photograph every day for a year.  A few weeks back her choice of photograph was a spider in its web.  I really liked the shot, though I really hate spiders.  A few days later, this guy showed up on my porch guardrail, so I figured I'd give it a go.   It was getting a little late into the afternoon so I had to use a high ISO which made my photograph a little grainy, but I really like how well the web stands out against the darker background and the little highlights in the back.  The details on the spider are pretty cool as well.  From the lines on his body down to his beady little eyes.  This photograph was taken at f/9, 1/60sec, ISO 3200 at 60mm.  Before anyone goes praising my bravery for getting so close to the beast, the spider in question was about the size of a small fingernail.  The magic of the macro lens makes it appear to be a little bit larger than it actually was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment