Thursday 17 September 2015

Across The River










It's no big secret that I'm a big fan of fireworks.  Go through the archives of this blog for the month of July in any year since I've been out here, and even some from the months of December, will show that a good deal of those months is devoted to photographing fireworks displays.  In order to get those shots, I often show up at my selected location an hour or so, if not longer, before the fireworks begin in order to make sure I've gotten a good spot.  Once situated, I often take several test shots in order to make sure that I've composed my photograph in the way that I wanted, and also to make sure that my shots will be as clear as possible.  Some of these test shots end up being rather cool, such as this shot of the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  It was taken before the final fireworks display of the 2015 L’International des Feux Loto-Québec and shot at  f/16, 44sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  It stretches out the span of the bridge from the Molson brewery all the way to Île Sainte-Hélène where there was the added bonus of spotlights due to the Osheaga Festival that was taking place.  That's part of the fun with my fireworks outings.  Not only do I get some nice shots of the event, but I also come home with some nice 'test shots' as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment