Thursday 28 July 2016

Look Ma, I'm On TV


My Mom keeps telling me that I should send my photographs in to the local newscast more often.  As they say, 'Mother is usually right', and I guess that she was this time as well.  I had gotten an email from her late last night.  I read it after having gotten home from photographing the latest fireworks display as part of the Montreal International Fireworks Competition. She had included the email needed to send weather photographs for the nightly forecast.  I finished uploading my latest photographs and I figured 'what the heck, give it a shot'.  I quickly went through the photographs and chose the one I thought was the best of the bunch, did a little editing and sent it off.  I then waited through the six o'clock newscast and tah-dah!  There it was.  I thought the photograph looked a little darker than it really is on television, so I've included it here with the update.  It was taken at f/7.1, 15sec, ISO 100 at 32mm.  Thanks to Lori Graham and all at CTV News, and ofcourse, thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment