Saturday 2 July 2016

Patrick Lehman in Greenfield Park

The rain almost kept us away, but the clouds clear from the sky at the very last minute so My Lovely Assistant and I made a quick car ride to Greenfield Park in order to take in the Canada Day festivities. By the time we got there, only two bands remained to play and a fireworks display was scheduled.  I decided to forego the fireworks and left my tripod at home, choosing to focus on the music.  The final musical performance was handled by Parick Lehman, a local artist from Montreal who was a nominated for a Juno in 2016 in the Best Soul/R&B Recording category.  His show was a collection of classic rock (Creedence Clearwater Revival & Fleetwood Mac), R&B (Stevie Wonder) and some of his own original songs as well.  Though the crowd had thinned out midway through his set, it wasn't due to the performers.  Less people actually made things a little easier for me as I was able to walk around the site a little bit more, free to shoot from almost anywhere I would have wanted. I had come equipped with my telephoto lens since I thought I would be stuck a little distance from the stage, which was the case, but I spent lots of time near the soundboard as I was having my best results from that spot.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 800 at 142mm and the second photograph was taken at f/4, 1/60sec, ISO 800 at 140mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took during the performance.
f/5.6, 1/400sec, ISO 3200 at 190mm

f/2.8, 1/100sec, ISO 800 at 200mm

f/3.2, 1/160sec, ISO 800 at 135mm

f/5.6, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 200mm

f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 800 at 200mm

f/4, 1/60sec, ISO 800 at 150mm

f/5.6, 1/250sec, ISO 3200 at 190mm

f/4. 1/200sec, ISO 800 at 115mm

It was a cool evening with a bit of a breeze, which was kind of handy because it helped blow away some of the smoke that would at times overwhelm the stage.  I did take advantage of all of the smoke to try a silhouette style of shot, the fifth on on this page, though a little bit of Photoshop was used as well.  A fun night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment