Wednesday 13 July 2016

Summer Swim

It's hot outside.  Miserably hot and humid.  A combination that I hate more than anything.  If you happen to be one of the unlucky folks who don't have air-conditioning, then the next best option would be to do as this little guy and find a nice body of water to hide in.  I found this little guy hiding in a small pond while on vacation in Tadoussac a few years back.  I had been trying to take a photograph of the pond when my spider-sense, or in this case my frog-sense, kicked in and told me to look down.  That's when I noticed the frog looking up at me with a big smile on his face.  Don't believe me?  Then check out the second photograph.  I took the photograph of just the frog after I had noticed him in the water.  I knelt down on the walking path very slowly so that I wouldn't scare him away. I'm sure that there may be some non-believers out there, but I'm pretty sure that he is smiling for the camera.  He sure looks pretty comfortable in that water, something I'm sure that the others out there among us who have been enduring this heat and humidity would smile if they were up to their neck in cool water as well.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/320sec, ISO 100 at 70mm and the second photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  With the first photograph, I was just trying to photograph the reeds that were coming out of the water.  I used a large aperture to blur out some of the front of the photograph because I thought it would look more interesting.  With the second photograph, I used a slightly smaller aperture since I wasn't really close to the frog and wanted to make sure that all of his face would be in focus. On that note, I'm off to huddle next to my magical cold air machine.  I hope that all of you out there are able to find a cool pond of your own.  Also, don't forget to smile if someone happens to photograph you while you are swimming in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment