Tuesday 28 June 2016

1965 Shelby Cobra

I guess you could say that I was out hunting for logos.  This past May I once again visited the Saint-Lambert Classic Automobile Exhibition.  Once again there were several awesome cars on display and some terrific hood ornaments and car logos.  I'll be getting back to the hood ornaments at some time in the future, but tonight I wanted to share my favourite logo that I found on the day.  This one belonged to a 1965 Ford Shelby Cobra. The colour and details on the logo really caught my eye, as did the LeMans racing stripe that ran through it and up the hood.  The curving of the hood makes the stripe look like it's going off to the left, a visual effect that I really liked.  If you remember my Corvette logo from earlier in the month, I mentioned how I had tried using a small aperture in order to get a star effect on the reflection of the sun on the logo. I didn't have much success then, but if you look a little bit to the left of the 'C' in 'Cobra', you'll notice that I had a bit more success with this one.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 46mm.  The car was a one seat roadster built for racing, which is kind of cool because I think that my photograph feels pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment