Wednesday 15 June 2016

Strange Bug

With the warm weather comes all kinds of other things.  Flowers, of course, are the first thing that comes to mind, but the other would be insects.  The little creepy crawlies all seem to come out of their winter slumber, and some take very strange forms.  That for instance this winged creature.  It has been almost a year since I took this photograph and I still have no idea what it is.  The thing kind of looks like a mix between a moth and a bumblebee yet moved around with the speed of a hummingbird.  I spent a good amount of time sitting back and trying to track this thing as it danced around the flowers.  I finally managed to snap a photograph without getting the wings blurred.  I took the photograph at f/10, 1/800sec, ISO 1000 at 200mm.  I needed to up the ISO a little bit in order to get a fast enough speed, while also using a small aperture because I really didn't want to have any parts of this mystery bug being out of focus.  If anyone out there has any idea what this thing is, feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment