Sunday 26 June 2016

Turn, Turn, Turn

Flower beds are always a source of interest for me.  On the one hand, they're full of all kinds of different sizes, shapes and colours that grab my interest and get me rushing to grab my camera.  On the other hand, they're also pollen filled disaster areas that will sometimes leave me sniffling and sneezing for hours on end.  It's the price I pay, says the poor little internet blogger looking for a little bit of sympathy from his audience.  While this particular flower didn't leave me grabbing for the Benadryl, it most definitely grabbed my attention when I first saw it.  With my limited botanical knowledge, I think that this particular flower is an orange peonie.  I originally shot this photograph vertically, which you can see on the left-hand side of the screen.  However, while I was fooling around with Photoshop, I accidentally ended up rotating the photograph 90degrees clockwise and I kind of ended up liking the way that it looked vertically as well.  So, I've included that version of the photograph with this update as well.  Two for the price of one, everybody is a winner.


The photograph was taken at f4, 1/500sec, ISO 800 at 60mm.  I probably should have taken better care to make sure that the unopened flower had not been cut off, but when I was shooting it vertically, it didn't really seem like a big issue as it was just some filler at the top of the frame for me.  Horizontally, the cut seems a bit more evident to my eyes, but the way that the stamens and petals reached out really seemed more interesting to me. To each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment