Wednesday 8 June 2016

Forgotten Flower

This past weekend, My Lovely Assistant and I made out annual Spring visit to a local farmers market in order to buy some tomato plants for what passes as our little urban garden.  On the way back to the car with our plants and tasty homemade treats, I spotted this little flower top sitting in the parking lot.  It obviously belonged to some plant that probably ended up getting accidentally cut off when it was being put in the car.  Being a waste not, want not kind of guy, I picked it up off the ground and brought it home.  The poor thing began to deteriorate a bit faster that I had thought, so I set up our little patio table and placed the flower in the setting afternoon sun. I tried shooting it from a few different angles because as My Lovely Assistant will tell you, why would I only shoot one photograph when I can shoot twenty.  In the end, I found that the photograph that I shot directly above the flower looking down and one that I shot looking towards the flower while using a large aperture to blur out both the front and back of the photograph, leaving a petal that was pointing upwards in focus.  The first photograph was taken at f/10, 1/80sec, ISO 400 at 60mm and the second photograph was taken at f/4, 1/1000sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  I really liked the colour of this flower.  It managed to grab my eye in the parking lot and it equally grabs my eye here as a photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment