Saturday 11 June 2016

Racing Flags

Those of you who have been visiting over the years may have noticed that I sometimes like to theme certain photographs to certain events.  Even those of you who haven't been around very long probably picked up on that as well.  This is another of those 'theme' postings.  It's time for the Formula One Grand Prix in Montreal this weekend.  As I hear the motors begin to rev as they prepare for the big race on Sunday, I was reminded of one of the photographs I took a few weeks back at the Saint-Lambert Classic Car Exhibition.  It's from a 1973 Chevrolet Corvette with the classic logo featuring racing flag logo on top of the sunburst design that lasted until 1977.  I spotted this car near the end of my morning on the site and I really liked how the red logo stood out against the blue hood of the car.  The way that the hood was angled also created a little shadow at the bottom of the logo that, to my eye, helps it to stand out.  I shot the photograph with a rather small aperture because I wanted to make sure that all of the letters in the logo would be in focus, but I was also hoping to get some star effects on the logo from the reflections of the sun.  In particular, that little bit of reflection just under the 'T' in Chevrolet.  I took the photograph at f/16, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 42mm.  The star effect didn't really work out, but the rest of the photograph came out just how I had imagined.  Enjoy the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment