Wednesday 1 June 2016

Prowling Jaguar

One of the cool things about the annual Saint-Lambert Old Car Exhibition is that it allows me to correct some past mistakes.  Before we get into some more photographs I took this year, there were two photographs that I took last year that I had been holding on to.  As previously mentioned, I had a lot of fun last year, but one thing that bothered me was that I had forgotten to take notes so that I could actually name some of the photographs I had taken.  There was one car that I was on the look for, and it was this green Jaguar.  Once again, I actually left home having forgotten to bring a notepad with me and I thought that I was going to once again return home without some information.  It then dawned on me that if I took a photograph of those annoying identification cards that I have so often spoken negatively of, I'd have all of the information that I needed.  As such, I can now tell you that this was a 1968, Model 340 Jaguar.  What really caught my eye was the hood ornament. When I first spotted the car, it was close to noon and the sun was high in the sky.  I was about to leave as when the sun is directly overheard, it's generally the worst time to be taking photographs because of the harsh shadows.  However, for the first photograph, which was taken at f/8, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 46mm, the sun was in the perfect spot to leave a nice shadow of the jaguar on the hood.  If you use your imagination, it almost looks like a real jaguar, roaming through the plains looking for its next prey.  Maybe that's a lot of imagination, but it's something I have in spades.  I also added a bit of the grill of the car to the bottom of the photograph because I felt that it added a little extra something to the image.  I then took a close-up of the same ornament, taken at f/8, 1/160 sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  As with most hood ornaments, I really liked the detail in the jaguar and how well it was reflected on the hood.  Lots of fun, and probably lots more safe than tracking a real jaguar.



No comments:

Post a Comment