Tuesday 15 November 2016

Looking For The Man In The Moon

Like most everyone else with a camera, I spent some time the last few days looking up at the most recent Super Moon.  In this instance, the Moon was the closest it has been to the Earth in 68 years, and the closest it will be until 2034.  I had been planning on waiting until Monday night to take a photograph, but I got a call from my younger brother telling me that the Moon was already pretty large.  I took a step outside and noticed he was right.  I was hoping to find a nice spot with either some kind of building or landmark to shoot the Moon against, but it was so high up in the sky that I couldn't get a nice shot of it with anything.  Thinking I'd rather have a nice shot of the surface rather than just a bright spot in the sky, I chose to zoom in on it and shoot away.  This photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 200mm.  It's a good thing that I ended up going out on Sunday, because the sky on Monday was full of clouds.  There's another Super Moon scheduled for December, maybe I can find a cool location to shoot that one between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment