Monday 28 November 2016

Something Different

I was recently told by My Lovely Assistant that my last five updates had involved sunsets and the sky, to which I responded by saying that they were five awesome updates about sunsets and the sky.  Regardless, I understand that it's good to switch things up every once in a while.  So, here is something different.  To be more specific, it is a Boyce Motometer off the hood of what I believe was an old Model A Ford.  It was used to help the driver know if the temperature of the motor, and for the first time on a car, offered the driver information about their engine from the comfort of the driver seat.  This photograph, taken at f/4, 1/640sec, ISO 100 at 38mm, is one of those little detail shots that I like to take at old car shows.  Using a large aperture helps to blur out the background, really allowing this old piece of automobile history to stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment