Saturday 21 April 2018

Banana Muffins

"How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"  That's how the classic joke begins and the punch line can be applied to just about everything.  "Practice, practice, practice."  Since My Lovely Assistant has been bringing home a variety of cookbooks lately, I've been taking advantage of her experiments in the kitchen to practice photographing them.  I came home to find these muffins were just coming out of the oven so I grabbed my camera right away.  I placed a couple of a small placemat with a white background.  For me, it seemed obvious that the banana slice at the top should have been the focus point of the photograph, so I lined a few up and focused on the one nearest my camera.  After taking a few photographs with the placemats, My Lovely Assistant suggested I try something new.  She put the muffins in a cookie tin and I thought I'd give it a shot.  By bouncing the flash off of the ceiling, it ended up reflecting up from the bottom of the tin.  I really liked how it put some light on the bottom of the muffins.  Not only is she a whiz in the kitchen, but she has some good ideas for photographs as well.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/9, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm and here is a third.

f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm

She makes tasty treats and offers up good ideas for photographing them, My Lovely Assistant may be in line for a raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment