Wednesday 18 April 2018

In Need Of Colour

It's been a rather grey couple of weeks here as Spring seems to have forgotten it should have already sprung by now.  I'm still not going to complain because I am really not looking forward to the heat that will be coming with the seasonal changes, but I do miss some of the colours of Spring.  Luckily, it only takes a quick trip through my archives to find the much needed dose of colours that are needed.  In this case, colour medication comes in the form of this little Viola that I stumbled upon while visiting my brother last year.  These little wildflowers always have an interesting little pattern and colours.  If you look closely, and use a little imagination, the black streaks coming from the center of the flower kind of look like a spider.  Getting up close with a Macro lens really helps to make those little details pop out.  This photograph was taken at f/11, 1/60sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  My knees might not always be happy when crawling around photographing these little guys, but I always enjoy looking at the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment