Sunday 29 April 2018

Explosive Experimentation

With the delayed Spring we've been having, it has meant that I've spent a little more time than usual going through my archives.  During the fireworks shows in July, I usually post up photographs of all the shows I see.  However, there are sometimes two shows a week.  I end up 'forgetting' about some of the shots that don't make the final cut, or some where I wanted to try something different.  I usually photograph fireworks fairly wide so that I get the full effect of the explosion, but I've often thought about cropping them closer.  In this case, I cropped close on part of the Jacques Cartier Bridge, with the sky full of streaks of light.  It's not as 'classic' a look as my usual fireworks photographs, but I do like how silhouette of the bridge cuts through the light.  The photograph was taken at f/14, 8sec, ISO 100 at 42mm.  It can be fun to change things up.  To see the group of photographs that I originally took of this show, you can follow this link to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment