Tuesday 24 April 2018

Drawing On Water

With a couple of free hours, I took a little stroll through the archives this afternoon and came upon this little forgotten photograph.  It's a long exposure shot taken after one of the summer fireworks shows in the city.  I generally stick around for a little bit after the explosions and that's how I got this photograph.  My eye was initially caught by the lights of the Clock Tower and the Molson Brewery reflecting on the water, but I noticed a boat arriving to my left, full of people who had watched the show and were headed back to port.  I wasn't that interested in the boat, but I knew that the lights would leave a nice trace across the water as it passed me by.  The photograph was taken at f/18, 30sec, ISO 100 at 54mm.  I generally come back with several photographs taken after the fireworks end, but they end up forgotten in the archives.  Just another reason why I should dig through there more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment