Saturday 27 October 2018

Bridging The Season

Went out for a nice Autumn walk the other weekend, looking for some colour in the trees and before I had been out even 10 minutes, I found myself looking at the Victoria Bridge.  It opened in 1859 and will probably be around long after the new Champlain Bridge that is being built.  Though it freaked me out a little bit as a kid, it is easily my favourite of the bridges that lead to Montreal.  On this sunny Saturday afternoon, I found myself at the foot of the bridge, looking up at one of the iron trusses that make up the rail portion of the bridge.  There were some wild bushes growing nearby which were turning colour, and against the blue of the sky the whole scene caught my eye.  The photograph was taken at f/9, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 43mm.  I played around with the contrast a little bit to darken the structure, making it look more like a silhouette against the blue sky.  Just the kind of thing I like to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment