Wednesday 24 October 2018

Orange Zest Chocolate Chip Cookies

As is the usual case around here, the year seems to have passed by very quickly.  Here we are in October, and me with a serious backlog of photographs.  My Lovely Assistant has been busy creating all kinds of tasty treats this year, making sure Your Friendly Neighbourhood Photographer has a full belly.  This update is a very sweet one, chocolate chip cookies with orange zest.  To photograph the cookies, I filled up an elevated grill and placed them on the kitchen table.  I used a large aperture and focused on the cookies in the front row so that the ones behind would slowly fall out of focus.  I bounced some light off of the ceiling with my flash which not only gave the cookies a nice colour, but also created the little shadows under the grill.  The first photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 24mm and since I know that I asked for seconds, here is a second photograph.

f/6.3, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 43mm

Same basic set-up as the first, only I focused tighter on a smaller group.  After that, my focus quickly turned to the fridge in order to get a tall glass of milk to help wash those cookies down.

No comments:

Post a Comment