Wednesday 9 November 2022

Remembrance Coin

Money certainly is an interesting subject. Depending on who you ask, it can be the key to happiness or the root of all evil.  It can be saved or spent, hidden under the bed or wasted.  It can also be collected.  The Royal Canadian Mint has put out some very nice pieces over the years, and some of my favourites have been centered around Remembrance Day.  This nice Poppy quarter was released a few years ago and I had tucked it away in one of the pill bottles that I ended up inheriting from my Grandfather.  With Remembrance Day being around the corner, I figured I'd take a shot at photographing it.  I placed it on a nice dark background, in this case my jacket, and used some flash to bring out the colour.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  Collecting coins can be a fun hobby, but don't forget to take a moment on the 11th to remember those who sacrificed all for our freedom.  You can learn more about Remembrance Day at the Veterans Affairs Canada website.

No comments:

Post a Comment